“Like water, be gentle and strong. Be gentle enough to follow the natural paths of the earth,
and strong enough to rise up and reshape the world.” ~ Brenda Peterson

Thursday, May 3, 2012

A moment of reflection...



This is a picture that I took while I was Uptown yesterday with my favorite homeless peeps. I needed to be there with them, in this place and time, to remember...remember why I first started helping them and why they mean so much to me. Every time I set out on foot on a Sunday, I secretly hope that I won't see them...that somehow, someway, they've managed to escape this horrible plight. The thought of not seeing them every week comes with its own pain, but it is a lesser pain. The point in all of this, and in life in general, is to be there for as long as you're needed. #always I took some raw and real video footage while out there, one of these days I hope to do something amazing with it.